Created on A5 sized notecards, these make great presents. Can be customised with your favourite phrase or the name of the person. The base is watercolours with lettering in ink.
The base should now fit snugly around the base of the Kindle. This is now the base of the cover. Move Marker
Step 7: Chain 1 and then sc in each sc and slip stitch to the beginning of the round. Continue this till the cover is as tall your Kindle/Tab.
Step 7: Chain 1 and then sc till 2 stitches short of the halfway mark on 1 side. Chain 6. Skip 4 sc. Continue Sc in the next sc till the end of the side. End off and cut the thread. Tuck in the ends.
Attach a flat button on the other side such that the loop fits snug.
And you’re done!
Let me know what you think of it!
One of my long-standing principles about decorations has been to do everything handmade. I like the effort and love that goes into creating the items.
Anyway, every bite of my little treasure was savoured until there was no more. The memory stayed on and I was interested in learning all about the yummy delight.
A lamington is a dessert of Australian origin. It consists of squares of sponge cake coated first in a layer of traditionally chocolate sauce, then in desiccated coconut.
Sponge cake (regular or eggless, depending on the audience)
1. Cut the sponge cake into cubes. Freeze the cake pieces for a few minutes so that the cake does not crumb.
2. Melt the cooking chocolate either on a double boiler or in a microwave safe bowl by microwaving on high for 45 seconds.
3. Dip the cubes of cake in the melted chocolate, ensuring the entire cube is covered.
4. Lay the chocolate covered pieces on butter paper and let it dry slightly.
5. Roll the pieces in desiccated coconut and let it set naturally for 30-40 minutes.
Instead of using desiccated coconut, roll the pieces in sugar spinkles.
The crunchy texture will keep them coming back for more!
|Nemo’s Happy Pillow (right side up)|
|Did someone say evil?|
|First 2 colours|
|The completed pillow (side with the opening)|
The list of things to be done were endless and as a start I planned to finish some unfinished projects.
Here’s what I finally got done with:
Emboldened by the success of our previous puzzle – bought in 2009, but completed only in 2010 (a whole 13 months later)
|The finished puzzle, without a frame|
Update: I only finished the picture after my unemployment hiatus. Dejected by the lack of progress, I just attacked it with everything over a 2-day weekend, working fervently to finish the project. And, just a few months late, but it was done! The excitement of finishing that project sent me shopping to buy my next artwork, but more on that later.
Since we were supposed to move houses soon, the puzzle was framed and kept in hibernation till we found a suitable place for it.
The picture now hangs proudly in my new home and is the first thing I see each morning!